My Experiences Learning Russian

 I have always been with aquiver to communicate with people from all over the world. Polyglots have always seemed intriguing and are taken for granted by many people. For the people who do not know, Polyglot refers to a person who is fluent in 25 or more languages. And so with this enthusiasm and optimism in mind, I decided to learn a language at the very least conversationally through out the quarantine season. 

At the beginning, I genuinely did not have any specific language in mind and just kept on researching. When one day, it struck me. I was watching an episode of The Umbrella Academy when one of the protagonists begins to be interrogated in Russian. Russian I thought, I have always had a fascination for the language from movies, shows and books so I thought to give it a shot. 

In hindsight, it is almost comical of me to have thought that a predicament would arise due to the lack of  high quality, easy to understand Russian language lessons on the internet but I couldn’t be further from being correct. I had extremely underestimated the internet and everything of value it holds. And so  begin watching the various videos of Russian lessons. 

During the first couple of weeks, I had devoted to learning anything and everything there is to know about Russian culture and the language. Know that I had started to study the language, I noticed it everywhere I went. Eventually, Russian became ubiquitous for me. Granted, I have become perfunctory in my thirst for all knowledge Russian but I do not take any  umbrage as I have learnt a lot about things I usually wouldn’t have paid attention to otherwise. 

As of now, I can read Russian very well and speak conversationally but I promise to get back to learning it again and maybe make another part to this blog. If you want to learn Russian like how I did, I am leaving the links of videos I found helpful down below.

RealRussianClub 

Complete lessons with exercises and worksheets for those who are passionate about learning Russian.

https://youtu.be/AYRZupz6rdw

Be Fluent in Russian 

Fun videos that teach you about Russian culture, cuisine and the very language itself!

https://youtu.be/JKADYGldpi8

 And as of then my friend,  до свидания!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Crime and Justice : The Origins of Thief Taker General Jonathan Wilde

A Look At History’s Greatest Fathers

How Pablo Escobar’s Hippos are still a problem in Colombia